Here's some food for thought...
Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour of every day. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute of every day.
Wal-Mart will sell more from Jan. 1, to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
Wal-Mart is bigger than Costco, Target, Home Depot, Sears, K-Mart and Kroger — combined.
Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people — most of whom speak English — and is the world's largest private employer. It's also the largest company in the history of the world.
Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind it came to do this in only 15 years. During this same period, 31 supermarket chains declared bankruptcy. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store on the planet.
Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the U.S., of which more than 1,900 are Super Centers. This is 1,000 more than it had just 5 years ago.
This year, over 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store. By comparison, the Earth's total population is approximately 6.5 billion.
90 percent of all Americans now live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.
Perhaps President Obama should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix our economy — not the morons who don't understand how it actually works, that he has in charge of it now.
Here's something all Americans — Democrats and Republicans alike — from the President to all 535 voting members of Congress, and everyone on down should think about...
• The U.S. Post Office was established in 1775. The federal government has had 234 years to get it right, and today, it's BROKE.
• Social Security was established in 1935. The federal government has had 74 years to get it right, and today, it's BROKE.
• The War on Poverty started in 1964. The federal government has had 45 years to get it right. Over $1 trillion of our money has been confiscated and transferred to "the poor," and they still want more.
• Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. The federal government has had 44 years to get it right and today, both are BROKE.
• Fannie Mae was established in 1938. The federal government has had 71 years to get it right and today, it's BROKE.
• Freddie Mac was established in 1970. The federal government has had 39 years to get it right, and today, it's BROKE.
• The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year — and we now import more oil than ever before. The federal government has had 32 years to get this right, and of course, today it is an abysmal FAILURE.
The federal government has FAILED at every "government service" it has shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.
In 1990, the federal government seized the ubiquitous Mustang Ranch in Nevada — perhaps the most infamous brothel to ever exist — after charging the owners with tax evasion. It went broke running it. With all this in mind, our government is asking us to trust running the economy of our country, our banking system, our auto industry — and now turn over the worlds most advanced health care system — to the same morons who couldn't make money selling whiskey in a whore house!
Like I said, maybe the president should think about putting the people who run Wal-Mart in charge of everything economic. They at least understand how to make a buck.