If you have damages from the recent winter weather, it is imperative that home and business owners file a report with the Kitsap County Department of Emergency Management immediately. The number to call is 360-307-5870. In addition to reporting damages, call your insurance agent to check on your coverage.
Information to have on hand:
- Name and address of the affected property.
- A description of damage, even if it is insured.
- A personal estimate of losses that will be uninsured.
- An estimate of the fair market value of the damaged home or business.
Also to consider for families and individuals:
- If you need housing, food and other basics, notify the American Red Cross chapter in your community (360-377-3761).
- Keep records of all clean-up and repair costs and, if possible, document with photographs.
For Business Owner only: Small business owners have two kind of damage to consider; physical and economic. The State of Washington must certify that at least five small businesses in a disaster area have suffered substantial economic injury and need financial assistance not otherwise available.
For more information call the Kitsap County Department of Emergency Management at 360-307-5870.
--Posted by Registered Voter
Information courtesy of Kitsap Peninsula Business Journal